Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

1) Checked the fuses today and noticed the below highlighted is blown. Will replace today but anyone know what this is for? The fuse box cover is missing i think. Strangely - everything i know of is working. Closest diagram i can find online is for a 626 which says it's the wipers/washer - but that's working.

Drinkware Glass bottle Drink Bottle Bottle cap

2) At my last service the mechanic noticed my radiator fan is only working when the AC is on. He said he can spend some time figuring out why it's not coming on automatically. Anyone have any info i could pass onto him to assist?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
View attachment 14450

Hi Rab. Had a look through the workshop manual. I hope this helps. If not Mazda Carnage will have the knowledge you require. Cheers.
Thanks man. Sorry, stupid me - i've highlighted the wrong fuse, and i did find the cover. Looks like they put it in the console because they've put that purple wire in which is wired up to Tail (lights?) - when i bought it a year ago i did remove a towbar. Maybe this is why it's there? Can i remove it now lol?

Anyway It's the 20A next to it, which inteterstingly is labeled as cooling fan. Is this the radiator fan? Just tried now - radiator fan works when the key is turned but the car isn't started (was like this before i replaced the fuse). Once i start the car it turns off, although i was parked and the temp guage was in the center.

Also one more - i could've sworn the brake light used to come on when the brake was pressed and also when the handbrake is applied. It still comes on when the handbrake is applied but not when the brake pedal is pressed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts