Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I posted this in the audio section too because I am not sure where it belongs but...my car keeps blowing the fuse to the stereo...it blew one today while driving and I replaced it and about 30 mins later it blew it again...any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
Are you running an amp, or some other aftermarket item. If so your fuse could be constantly overloading. If so you will need to upgrade your fuse and wires.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For now all I have in the car is a stereo...an AIWA...I am about to get the stereo done, but I have to do some suspension work first...so there is pretty much no load on the fuse...I have had this stereo in there about 8 mths now and this is the first it has blown...then to blow 3 times in a day i am just wondering if I need to get my car checked out for a fuse...Also my power mirrors stopped working yesterday too...i haven't got to seeing if its the fuse yet, because my girl has had the car for a day now and she told me about the mirrors...can anyone help?

·
Registered
672 Posts
You may have a loose wire somewhere along the line which is causing it to ground which inturn is blowing the fuse.

Check if your stereo is overheating, this could mean that the preamp is blown and that inturn is causing fuse to blow

But definatly dont put in a higher rating fuse, if so you may notice smoke, flames and a slightly grilled MX6..

Best thing to do is get it checked ASAP remove any fuse for the radio until you get it looked at.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I have to go in and check the speaker wires in the door panels, because I took the out yesterday...I am wondering if I chipped a wire by mistake

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my car checked today and the guy told my girl some weird stuff I am not sure about...He told her that my power mirrors aren't working because the motor is gone...he quoted her a $200+ price...he also said that because the power mirror motor is shot everytime I try to adjust the mirrors although they don't work its gonna blow the fuse for the radio...Anyone wanna tell me this is a bunch of crap???...Anyone has any idea how much a power mirror switch might cost?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok man, I will try that but my girl still has the car...she been driving the hell out of it lately...I am getting it later though so I will try that...thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
bust out the owner's manual and check the fuses and what each one does. The sterao and the mirrors might be together in the same fuse, but I doubt it. Sounds like bs to me.
Also, if you have a short in your wires before it goes through whatever it is suppose to, you could be overloading the fuse due to lack of resistance from the lack of a device being hooked up. Try the 2 dollar approach before you spend 200.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats a good idea Aggiedj02...I am about to read the manual now...the thing is everytime I do try to adjust the mirrors, the stereo fuse goes out...so go figure!!! But thanks for the advice I am about to go read the manual...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts