Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I posted this in the audio section too because I am not sure where it belongs but...my car keeps blowing the fuse to the stereo...it blew one today while driving and I replaced it and about 30 mins later it blew it again...any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thanks

G

·
what amperage fuse are you putting in? i have a 20 in there right now and it seems to be fine...stock is 15 amps but i put 20 for neons and such

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For now all I have in the car is a stereo...an AIWA...I am about to get the stereo done, but I have to do some suspension work first...so there is pretty much no load on the fuse...I have had this stereo in there about 8 mths now and this is the first it has blown...then to blow 3 times in a day i am just wondering if I need to get my car checked out for a fuse...Also my power mirrors stopped working yesterday too...i haven't got to seeing if its the fuse yet, because my girl has had the car for a day now and she told me about the mirrors...can anyone help?

G

·
I don't know what might be wrong but in my experience I always go back to the last thing I did mod wise before the problem started and start there look for shorted wires and the like. It seems to be a good place to look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts