Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well the oil seal on my turbo went. My TB and Intake Manifold are filled with oil. Oil also leaks into the engine onto my headers I believe (still haven't removed the heat sheild for a closer inspection due to illness but you can see smoke pouring out from underneath it) My car is now a driving smoke bomb. I will usually drop a huge cloud of smoke into the road when I shift gears and the revs are between 2k-3.5k but after that it stops. I have only run the car about 10-20 miles since then becuase I absolutely had to. Would I be looking at any damage to the Turbo (184k on it)? I have been running extended cool down periods (5min or more) to try to prevent anymore oil from carbonizing. When I posted the thread earlier some of you thought it could have been the coolant hose running to the turbo which busted. So I took it in and he confirmed this and replaced it. Days later it still smoked (inside the engine bay and little amouts from the exhaust) but since then its gotten extremely worse so I took it back and he gave it a quick 3 second look (by this time it wasn't smoking) and told me "I have to wait until it all burns off" (I believe he was refering to the coolant on the headers) So later today I am going to take it into another shop to get it checked out along with the rest of the engine. After that I am going to return to the mech who sold it to me and depending on what the other guy says, he is going to get one hell of an ear full. Anyone one know how much it would be to replace this seal or if I should try to convince my mother to buy a (hehe) Rx7 hybrid?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I believe that you have to rebuild the turbo to fix the seal. You can get the turbo rebuilt for around $250~300.

At the same time, I think the T-Bird upgrade costs that much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts