Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
what about the fuel gauge?

what type of bulb did you buy because ive been wanting to do that too..

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey man i like the gauges 240 KPH on the dash- its hot
i know there stock but up here we dont see that much offen. i wish i could get them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the 194 bulbs. It's relatively easy. For those of you who have painted your dashes, it'll be a cinch..

Take the dash trimming off, or at least pull it forward, then unscrew the gauge cluster. Pull it out, and flip it up, without taking out the harnesses (you can if u want). Then you'll see two types of plastic thingies sticking out of the unit, one will be bigger than the other. Give em a quarter turn, and voila! Out they pop. Then you can replace the green bulbs with whatever colour you want!

As far as the fuel gauge goes, I either missed one, or that one was the smaller bulb. It that case, the green coating can be peeled off, and a tranparent paint can be used. I'll probably do that this weekend, but it also gave a good comparison to the old colour.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your link doesn't work... but you can peel the green off?? Holy S**T!! Didn't think of that.. damn, I'm gonna do that this weekend for sure! Then it'll be really blue.. thanks for the tip!

G

·
sorry my link was not working. But yes you can take the green off. It's gonna be a bitch to take off. I used acetone. Good luck and be care full the acetone will eat away the plastic. Once you remove the green It will be much bluer. Here is another thing I did, I removed the green covers from the signal lights and threw 2 blue 194's in there too and it blinks a neon blue. Send me your email address so I can send you my pics.
My address is [email protected]

G

·
Indiglo Lights

Hey where did you get those indiglo gauges for your car? I made some homemade ones, but I'd rather have the real ones.... Thanks

G

·

Here are my guages for those interested in seeing them. They came out a little red because of my camera. But they are hyperwhite. And my signals are indiglo blue. Tell me what u think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts