Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm looking for some blue headlights that have a real nice blue tint. I've seen the Hiper lights but those are too white. I have a blue car so I think a darker blue would look better then the white. Well does anyone know where I can get these for cheap, but good quality. I have a 1992 MX-6.

G

·
Blue Bulbs

I found blue ones at Walmart....really wanted green...I have a dark green '93 MX6....

But if you look on e-bay...do a search for mazda mx6 and there's every color made...blue, green, purple, hyper white.

Good luck...hope this helps!

Amie

·
Registered
280 Posts
are they legal??

i was wondering if those are actually leagal to have colored lights? because i am wanting to get some but i never knew if it was legal. because i am going to get a set of blueish tint to mine because my car is a 89 gt. its white with navy blue interior. i have taken the trim pieces and painted them white match. i have a white shift boot and a white and chrome momo shift knob with a pace setter short shifter. so i just wanted to give you guys the scoop on my situation.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Red Parking Lamps

I thought i would have a trouble with my red parking lamps. well it turns out that no-one here gives a crap. cops dont care, when i come on base at night, the gate gaurd doesnt care. i would say go for it. what is the worst that can happen, they tell you to take them out? if your not sure if it is legal, call the state police post.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a blue car too, and wanted the blue headlights, the best I've found are by Street Glow. Their website is http://www.streetglow.com
I bought mine at a local audio shop for about $30 a pair. They're really bright, and a nice blue tint, too.
You're right about Hiper, they're much too white. Great if you like that sort of thing though.
I was looking into an HID conversion, the kits are down to about $750 now, but, you lose your high beams if you do the conversion. I'm willing to pay $750, and I'm even willing to sacrifice my high beams, HID's being so bright and all, plus I have a great set of foglights, but, is it legal? Anyone know if I would be able to get my car inspected without high beams?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
So these blue lights are not the PIAA lights? Does PIAA make any lights with a real blue tint that works in our cars?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have never had enough money to spend on PIAA's, it'll take someone richer than me to find out.

G

·
I think I saw just bulbs at meijers

I don't how good they are but they are only like 13 bucks for 2 i think, but i'm not sure. I was wondering how'd they look too.

G

·
BLUE HEADLIGHTS

The blue headlight bulbs I got at WalMart clearly states on the package that they are 100% legal and the insert in the package reinforces that guarantee. Someone tried to tell me they weren't legal and I just keep the package in my glove box, just in case. Haven't had any problems yet, though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had those bulbs a while ago. There not that bad, but you cant see that much blue in it, only from far away. Maybe mine were deffective. I have APC hyperwhites, gives it a HID look. If you plan on replacing your fog light bulbs, dont get PIAAs. They are completly white, no blue as I thought, and were $60 bucks. They dont even look any brighter than my old bulbs.

G

·
don't be tempted by those $5 lights at biglots(if you have one) they suck. just a slight blue tint and they were any brighter than oem bulbs. i thought for five bucks i'd try them, but i took them back about 20 min after i got them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
amie...your right

Amie...your right...i just got those ones from wal-mart yesterday...and they arent really blue...just really bright white. and they are from GE. they say 100% street legal. so i said why not...and sure nuff...the buld is really blue but not a hint of blue when they are on. go figure?!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a pair

Ill sell you mine. They are really really blue. They are the closest thing you'll get to hid. Its just that the road is also lit up blue when you drive. Lemme know.

·
Registered
139 Posts
be sure not to get 100W bulbs or you will burn your wires upa nd have to go to advance auto and buy a generic plug and splice it in....not that I did that or anything....

Im currently looking into importing some JSPEC lights. approx. 200 Watts brighter...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts