Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so we have a bit of interest in a bulk buy of blue ignition leads.

Price I have been quoted for 5+ is £47.50 per set.

We already have :Wackyracer, Elmerfud, Heckler, Alan mac, cold_fusion, hot cheese, and laidbackfreak and myself - that makes 8.

If we can get 10, I'll try and push for a bigger discount, and 15......etc.

Numbers so I can email Steve by Friday 4th please - this is not a commitment to buy - just a guesstimate of numbers so I have an idea what I am working with.

Thanks

Graeme

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
These are the 8mm silicone ones aren't they?

Does this price depend on all of us having the same colour leads?

We also need to check if the no 6 lead is at the top or bottom of the dizzy as the leads won't fit if you 6 lead is at the bottom and lead is for one at the top. Best to get them all the same with the lead for the bottom, that means for thowse with it at the top, it will be a fraction longer but not an issue.

But def count me in.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I emailed him a couple of weeks back and he couldn't get them in blue... He said he'd let me know if he could get some more... obviously he didn't.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scottish6 now makes 9 - can we break the 10/15 barrier folks?

The more we get, the more bargaining power we have.................

G

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi all,

I dont think I actually need them yet but my original leads are on 86k so I could be tempted if the price was good - deff blues for me.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I'll have one set but if the quantity of takers goes up and the price comes down I might go for two sets and give No2 car a bit of a treat.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would be keen, though maybe not possible as my engine is the 2.0 KF version, but if it'll bring prices down with my engine...........

·
Registered
757 Posts
Sorry, are these Magnecor?
I wan't some red 8.5mm ones please if you can swing it :)
I have the 1992 firing order/diz possition however I have noticed that 5 and 6 are the other way round on a J spec cap than they are on the espec of the same age (well I think the cap is the same age).

P.S I know it's the 5th ;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
They're 8mm sillicone leads, from those who already have them, they're just as good as magnecor ones at half the price... and even if they're not 100% as good as magnecor, they're still better than standard ones at half the price. :)

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay guys,

Got an email back from Steve - as we stand, with the numbers on this post, we can do them for £45 per set (plus postage, however, I'm in Leeds once a month, so we could arrange a pickup and distribution type process - Laidbackfreak - hello!!!!)

If we get to 15 sets - (only 3 more members from the post) - we're at £42.50.
Bear in mind what John said about the OEM price - and these are Blue silicone.....

Graeme

·
Registered
509 Posts
nice one storm :) obviously im happy to collect mine in leeds... and can distribute south to some extent as i go to surrey/portsmouth once a month...

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This bulk buy is still open - if we can get another two or three names - it drops the cost to £42.50 per set - "roll up, roll up" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Can't wait for these.. dropped of the rocker covers to be powder coated blue yesterday, and with blue leads and some blue silicone hoses and the rest of the engine silver/black... it's gonna look great. :)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts