Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
yeah well ours was cinnamon (metallic brown) lol.

Dont look to bad, though I would want a fairmont/ghia over the XR's

or even an XR8/6 with a fairmont interior.

I hate the GLi's though, nothing in them!

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
IMO - if you get any early aussie cars - forget 6's GO the 8's

I mean you don't save fuel by getting a smaller engine by 1L. The Six'es in both Commy and falcon are both under worked interms of being used as performance machines.
The holden proberly in the Vr and Vs state the most underused engine. As they have massive potential and the VR/VS are big improves.
But the EF/EL's are good but the six is another under worked motor with big potenital but only on the surface. As compared with it's newer BA onward cuzins, there nothing.
They don't actually hanlde much better then the 8. The inline 6 is taller so it has a slighlty higher center of gravity, it's not much lighter then the V8.
Compared with the V6 versus the V8 in the holden in which due to the position of the buick 6 gives it a more balanced setup to start with.
If you go the Ford Go the v8 the 302 has heaps of options.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
rod the ef and el xr6 were faster than xr8's based on power to weight lol so why waste time getting the 8 when you could pick up the lighter 6?? also if you have the cash on yuors hands get an ef xr6 buy an xr6t engine its basically a staright swap lol..obviously need aftermarket computer and what not but yeah not too bad...i've seen it done by a bloke in cranbourne managed to get away with teh full swap for under 20 grand including the car and engine.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
They were marginally faster.
i'm not saing the 6's ain't good but your better off with 8. I know a few people who have tried the Ba N/A even to a early car they ain't a straight swap. Do turn out good but, IMO the money spent on decent 6 and the money spent on a decent 8 it turns out the same either way. IMO if yuor going to get one get 8, theuy hol more value over time and more wanted a 6 is good but I see heaps totally trashed and thrashed in sydney.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Just don't buy a Falcon, problem solved.

VL Calais Turbo would be not baaaad, not a fan of the Nissan drivetrain myself but if it rings your ding, easy to mod since it's just an RB30ET at the end of the day.

SSS Attesa, well we've been over the issues with this model. It's GTiR cousin isn't terrible either, but with a horrible weight bias to the front, it doesn't corner very nicely.

I'd say it depends on what you want in a car. If you want four door practicality my list is pretty short, I'm a coupe owner through and through (my last four cars were two doors).

I learned to drive in a VT Commie wagon, my first car was an EA Fairmont, driven my old man's VR Ute and my mum's VR Berlina from time to time... but none of them were a scratch on the ol' Capella in any scenario. One of my friends bought an old 3.9 EA a year or two back and tried to race me back to my home town once... it ran out of steam at the same point the Capella came onto its JDM 180kmh limiter. Dead even. Same thing happened when some tosser in an EF tried the same stunt.

The old Ford six just doesn't have the breathing up top to keep up.

Personally in four doors... keep it in the right breeds. Toyota Altezza springs to mind, Mazda6... dare I say it the Skyline, although from experience Nissans can have all manner of interesting issues.

Just go with what you like. :)

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
carcenomy i hit 200 im my ef xr6 with the speed limiter removed :)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I really need to get me a NZ spec 626/MX6 FE3 instrument cluster... legend has it among Familia circles that the limiter is set via a switch in the cluster that marks the end of the speedo's travel (which is 180, being JDM).

The NZ spec is 240, like the TX5s/626s/MX6s there. But with the 7kRPM redline of the FE3. I wonder if that would solve the cutout... I know that an FE3 626GT can get to 230 before it runs out of breath... :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
hey all im from canada and ive got a 1993 nissan altima which is our versoin of the bluebird and its front wheel drive with a KA24DE and im thinking about doing the bluebird swap i can get the entire motor and 5 speed tranny shipped to canada from the us for a total cost (shipping and cost of motor) for $2250 the only thing i think ill need is the rear diff and the driveshaft. but yeah they are exellent cars and nott too many have been modded that ive seen, perfect sleeper specially if its all black. Oh if you guys hear of any bumpers and sideskirts for the bluebird you mind letting me know cause i like them better than my bumpers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
sorry guys its just i was searching around the internet and i found this thread yesterday

21 - 34 of 34 Posts