Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damit. Those cars are a true pain in the a$$. I have a bone stock automatic, and I raced a BMW 328 about 3 weeks ago. Of course he had a stick, so he pulled like mad on me off the line, but after we passed about 30 kph we were neck and neck speed wise (he had about a car length and a half on me). It was really really really frustrating :mad:. Especially because as I know, the mx6 supposed to be completely outclassed by this car (190hp?) but I was hanging in, I just didn't have the power to actually pose a threat.

Has anyone with stick raced a 328? How did it go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You took the words out of my mouth

Had an argument with a guy on the probetalk.com board,for the same thing, I had a dice with a 328 stick, kicked his ass bad I think maybe the guy was too scared to push his car over the 130mph mark hehe, accleration wise we were neck on neck, I only started pulling away bit by bit fron 4th gear onwards and I had to take that 4th gear until my limiter kicked in about 7.600 rpm. Yeah ill never forget that dice.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I raced with a guy in a 328 last night...was pretty much even. I was impressed at keeping up cause I didn't really think I had that much of a chance. We both slowed at 100 as we were in a 50 zone and he gave me the thumbs up as he turned off...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm really surprised at that cause I race a 328 once in a high speed race. It started out at about 60 and ended at about 115. I was about 3 car legths on him at that point. I slowed and he buzzed me and kept going.

I guess he was embarassed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts