Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, lets get a list of the remaining outstanding issues going, so we can address them, or make a clear list for nadeem and team to address if it isn't something i can do on my account.

1: the line break above the quote button...

2:

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
guys - relevance much? come on. I know there are still a ton of issues, but i can't possibly know all of them myself, which is why i'm asking for help.

everything from usability, to format, etc.

a few caveats - the existing ad format is unlikely to change - i don't have access to change that.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
... [the for sale section] Wasn't it like.. 1g parts, 1g cars, 2g parts, 2g cars before? Now it's all broken down into stupid individual areas? I had to post 3 diff threads for like 9 items. I hate it. ...
i've always wondered why it wasn't setup like this in the first place. most of the for sale section is flooded with parts that don't apply to my car at all which makes looking through it pointless.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the problem is the number of child forums, and the way they display.

If there's enough demand to break out the 1g parts from the 2g parts, that can be done, but it would still have the basic format breaking down the parts by groups.

i'm perfectly fine with combining a few groups like body interior/exterior and audio /electrical (since they often overlap) - any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
cars for sale can also be combined too. mostly parting out and the more car specific things should be spilt. (engines, suspension, body?)

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
My only issue off the top of my head is the sponsor BS but I know you cant fix that.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rule suggestions are fine too:)

i'm compiling a list so all suggestion sare welcome as long as they are somewhat on topic lol.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
How about implementing a self-delete time on for sale threads or having the OP do it when they make the thread? That way we don't have useless and old threads laying around in there waiting for me to delete them.

Also, what about the FS section formatting we talked about in the mod section? A format that makes people have to fill out all the different portions of a for sale thread including pictures, location, price, etc. before it can even be posted.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that second request is a bit more demanding, in terms of the formatting required..

do-able.. but demanding.. I'm still getting used to the new tools. definitely worth looking into - but i may need to call upon nadeem for things that i don't have access to.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well, I've noticed that so many members do not list a location in their FS thread, leaving the reader guessing where the hell they live. Personally I can't and don't want to purchase a car out of state but I can't skip threads because I don't know where they're located.

I think the state in which a vehicle (and parts too) is being sold should be required to appear in the title. Example: "95 mx6 - V6, 5spd, 150K mi $500 - OR"

Every title should have the state listed so people don't have to sift through hundreds of threads just to find ONE that's in their own state.

As far as enforcing rules like these I think a new sticky thread should be added letting users know there is an "Updated Rules of Classified Forum"

Members NEED to read this shit so that they don't piss us off and get themselves in trouble. A rule of the mods, in my opinion should be that if a member does not follow the rules their thread gets deleted without notice. I'M sure this is already being done but I don't know if it's a rule for you guys or just your personal decision to do so.

Can members change the actual title of their thread and have it display the changes in the forum or does a mod have to do that?
If members can't delete their own threads then as far as old ass FS threads go a rule should be in the updated rules requiring the member to change their FS thread title to "SOLD". If they can in fact delete their own threads then they should do so.

If they don't perform either action to let other members and mods know that their item has been sold they should have consequences. ie. an infraction. Does this site have the ability for mods to leave user notes on a member's account (personal warnings)? If you can do that then maybe leave a user note on the account (all mods can see it) so that if they get up to 3 user notes for not doing their job in the Classifieds forum they get banned for a time.

Those are my opinions on that area. Where I'm an smod the site has super strict rules about selling things to avoid scams and to keep the forum clean. There's two mods assigned to it as well as all us smods that can clean every forum if needed.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Well, I've noticed that so many members do not list a location in their FS thread, leaving the reader guessing where the hell they live. Personally I can't and don't want to purchase a car out of state but I can't skip threads because I don't know where they're located.

I think the state in which a vehicle (and parts too) is being sold should be required to appear in the title. Example: "95 mx6 - V6, 5spd, 150K mi $500 - OR"

Every title should have the state listed so people don't have to sift through hundreds of threads just to find ONE that's in their own state.

As far as enforcing rules like these I think a new sticky thread should be added letting users know there is an "Updated Rules of Classified Forum"

Members NEED to read this [shizzle] so that they don't piss us off and get themselves in trouble. A rule of the mods, in my opinion should be that if a member does not follow the rules their thread gets deleted without notice. I'M sure this is already being done but I don't know if it's a rule for you guys or just your personal decision to do so.

Can members change the actual title of their thread and have it display the changes in the forum or does a mod have to do that?
If members can't delete their own threads then as far as old ass FS threads go a rule should be in the updated rules requiring the member to change their FS thread title to "SOLD". If they can in fact delete their own threads then they should do so.

If they don't perform either action to let other members and mods know that their item has been sold they should have consequences. ie. an infraction. Does this site have the ability for mods to leave user notes on a member's account (personal warnings)? If you can do that then maybe leave a user note on the account (all mods can see it) so that if they get up to 3 user notes for not doing their job in the Classifieds forum they get banned for a time.

Those are my opinions on that area. Where I'm an smod the site has super strict rules about selling things to avoid scams and to keep the forum clean. There's two mods assigned to it as well as all us smods that can clean every forum if needed.
The first part of what you mentioned is what I was talking about in my post above this one. I think it would help to keep the FS section more organized.

There are stickies about deleting or closing their threads when people sell everything they have for sale. It seems like people are starting to follow them. I try to actively go through threads and see what ones still have items for sale.

I think AJ and I are pretty lenient in the FS section but I have been starting to crack down on people without pictures. If we throw too many changes at them at one time we will probably lose a lot of sellers on this site.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
check out the classified section on jeepforums.

i would like ours to be like that.. all the details visible before you even open the post.

yes - we can have an engine electronics section with a dedicated 1g subforum.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The first part of what you mentioned is what I was talking about in my post above this one. I think it would help to keep the FS section more organized.

There are stickies about deleting or closing their threads when people sell everything they have for sale. It seems like people are starting to follow them. I try to actively go through threads and see what ones still have items for sale.

I think AJ and I are pretty lenient in the FS section but I have been starting to crack down on people without pictures. If we throw too many changes at them at one time we will probably lose a lot of sellers on this site.
yea i was just hitting on what you had already said. perhaps the existing stickies of rules should be removed and replaced with an updated thread demanding that people read it before they even think of typing up a post.

first sentence of the updated rules "If you have failed to read these and/or abide by them, your FS thread will be deleted without notice."

if someone wants to sell something they need to give a fucking shit. ie. tell us where the fuck you live, let us know what the fuck it looks like so we know you're not some waste of space ready rip off a decent human being.

throw a sticky in that forum alerting sellers and buyers that the forum will be undergoing some drastic 'positive' changes and they need to be prepared for some data entry and harsh consequences of failure to think smarter than a 5 yr old.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts