Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i have recently had an accident and crashed the front of my car, i'm getting the erebuni front end , the shogun style put on while the body work is being done, but i can't afford the rest of the kit, how will this look i mean the whole kit looks incredible but the front end looks nice too, i'm wondering how much lower it sits in perspective witht the rest of the car, also i am getting a set of wheels while i'm at it so what type of 16 inch wheels will work? tires? i need sizes b/c i'm worried about the difference in gap btwn the fenders and the tire i don't want to lower my car with springs or anything but i want 16's and i'm worried about the tires rubbing when i turn also what can i expect to pay for a set of 16's in alloy i dont't chrome, any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
441 Posts
well man i just had the erebuni shogun kit put on and to be honest i dont think it will look right with just the front end...sorry...as for the gap on 16" tires i have 17" with 215 40 17 on them and theres a gap of about o shit i dunno about an inch i think...but am checking into some 18s :) if you go to this site you can see the mx with 16s and 17s and check it out...sorry man hope it helped abit...good luck

http://www.tirerack.com

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well i saw a pic of a 6 with just the front end on, it looked nice, but u dont want 16in u at least want 17 or 18 would be the best, just depend on the $$$ u want to use, and another thing get some type of spring, coilover, would be the best

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys i'm getting the front end done for free b/c its cheaper for the shougun front end then it is for the stock front end from mazda so insurance is going to pay for that, as for the wheels i can't afford 17's but i found a nice set of 16's i can afford so i dunno what to do!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think that you should definitely get the Shogun front bumper if you are going to be getting the rest of the body kit in the near future. If you don't plan on getting the rest of the kit, then I would suggest you get the other front bumper that Erebuni has, style 44, like mine (See web page) because it looks more like a tricked out STOCK front bumper. My personal opinion is that the shogun front end will look ridiculous on a car without the sides and rear. I've seen a buncha Civics around here with half a body kit and it just looks ridiculous.

Just my 2c

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Size of Wheels

What are everybody's wheel sizes? I've seen lots of 16's but I want to bump it up to 17's. Does anybody have 17's and if so, will I rub when turning, and what did you have to do to make them fit. Let me know guys.

·
Registered
257 Posts
HEY, I'M SELLIN MY 17'S WIT 235/40/17 TIRES IN PERFECT CONDITION. THEY'RE 4 MONTHS OLD. E-MAIL ME IF U WANT PICS AT: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have 17"s on with 215/45's. I used to have 215/40's but the gap was too big so I stuck with 45's. Dustin Whorles has 18X8 Momos with 235/40's I believe and has reported no problems. That's actually the profile I'm going for next summer. I think that I actually might have to make my car a little higher if I do because I might rub. In any case, as long as it clears the spring perch on the strut, everything else could be molded away or rolled back in order to fit properly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I AGREE WIT JP COMPLETELY! I HAVE JUST THE FRONT OF HIS KIT AND I AM CONSTANTLY BOMBARDED WITH POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND COMPLEMENTS. IT LOOKS AWESOME. E-MAIL ME, I'LL SEND U A PIC. MY HOME PAGE SHOULD BE UP IN A COUPLE OF DAYS THEN U CAN CHECK IT THERE=)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts