Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

To those of you who had a Body Kit installed, I wondered on how much did the Body Shop charge you because I'm thinking of getting a Kit on my Mx6 also??????

Thankx :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well, i have the TC kit, the price i got was to just bolt the kit on like it was, and the paint the parts, was about 700, that includes the wing on too, then come to the sides skirts, the guy calls me up tell me that the side fit like shit, and i was thinking they might, but anyway the next price he gave me for molded the kit on and repaint and do all the body work, get dents out shave some stuff, was doing to run about 1500, not bad i dont think i have seen alot more, the guy guy did a great job, i have gotten the sides on yet i have to save up some more $$ i have the wing and front on

·
Registered
283 Posts
well i am in the process of a bulk buy for teh shogun kit 711 and my body shop guy said it will be 800 to put on and paint.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
jorge is your kit molded on or not, just asking that is a good price, i have to get mine molded on but i might be able to get out of it, any way i want teh car painted so, and all the dents out and some stuff shaved off, that iwll cost about 1500

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have the shogun kit on my 93 and it cost $2000 to fully mold sides and back and shave emblems and paint entire car

·
Registered
108 Posts
SHOGUN

i am getting the shogun kit on my mx6 and i was quoted 500 to get it molded on and painted. i dont know where all of your prices are coming from that high,.

·
Registered
441 Posts
well guys I'm here in Germany and I paid $2500 just to put the damn thing on and another $4000 for paint and reput the damn thing on...So dont complain hehe those are very good prices...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
euroMX6 $500 American dollars to have th ekit molded on and painted? I highly doubt that. Eiether they are full of crap, or you are going to one of those places that can paint the entire car for like $80 bucks. Then when you get out and water hits it, th epaint falls off. $500 US is definitely a good price if it's coming from a reputable body shop.

·
Registered
108 Posts
no

no it is not one of those cheap places. it is a place that has came highly recommended from a well known performance shop in the city and it is a great deal and they do a good job and that is why i am taking it,. if u guys are paying that much i suggest driving to az and paying 500 to have it molded. if i can help let me know and i hope that what i said doesnt offend anyone

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
good luck, i hope it turns out good. i went to shop i went to because i have seen work he was done, and i liked it alot. i will have pics of the entire car soon.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
my friend owns a body shop and he said hed do it for $300. (but he knows that im goin to him when i get my car repainted)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Erebuni

I was just curious...

Did anyone have any problems ordering a kit from erebuni?? I dunno if its just cause Im in canada that its taking so long, but I ordered my front bumper (style 44) a month ago and it still hasnt came in yet.. Erebuni says they have 2 kits in stock, but they're both sold.. and dont know when the next one is coming in??

Cause my car is in the shop right now, and I'm having to pay storage charges cuase my car is just waiting for the bumper to be painted...

??

Peace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts