Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently got my car painted and kit installed and now i need some mesh , anyone have a site that sell's the mesh or know where i can get some.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Home Depot.

All the "kits' that they sell are utter BS. Why would you pay $60 for a roll of mesh screen they use to fence in chickens and filter out gutters. A quick job to HD and some paint will do the same trick.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yeah, its caleld gutter-gaurd. I was skeptical myself until I broke down and spent the $5... Looks great IMHO, and CHEAP. Only hting would be that the sheets are not that large, so if you have a kit w/ a big mouth it wont cover it completely...Worth the trial and error for $5 for 5 pieces tho...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey, i got a shogun kit put on. and they charged 25 bucks a hour and it took em about 16 hours so i paid around 400 bucks for the installation. that's without the mold as well cause for some odd reason i like the way the shogun looks unmolded.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noncorporeal said:
Yeah, its caleld gutter-gaurd. I was skeptical myself until I broke down and spent the $5... Looks great IMHO, and CHEAP. Only hting would be that the sheets are not that large, so if you have a kit w/ a big mouth it wont cover it completely...Worth the trial and error for $5 for 5 pieces tho...
alright i'll give it a try, and if you dont mind my asking what exactly do you do to stick it to the body kit. the guy at the body shop told me most people got it stappled but i felt that would be a bit flemsy maybe not. how'd you do yours?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
16 hours to put on a whole kit? Man i should get into that business. Although You got a heck of a deal on the hourly wage so it all works out.

Epoxy, and or Staples all work decent. I dont like Staples because it punches through the kit though. Id just use an epoxy. Bend it over the edges and glue it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts