Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very back and forth on this subject. To either but the buddy club or blitz kit on or put some plain side skirts and a MS lip on my car. Now i do live in iowa and will be moving to NW Indiana this spring, so i see really bad winters. I will also not be able to get another car for the winter for awhile so this car will probably see 1-2 more winters. Any input on each? I would like to customize my car but i tend to get bored with these type of mods in a short amount of time. I do like the stock look of the car somewhat but i also like the custom look that draws attention. Any ideas that can help me me pointed in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
if u're gonna be driving in the snow, stay stock. no point plowing the snow on your driveway or lane every morning with your new lip or body kit.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah im partial to the silver on the paint job. I have a friend that has a slammed civic and has no problem with his kit (adjustable coilovers of course). I want an mx6 that looks different then stock is the thing.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Lip kits are a lot less permanent and they can generally take more abuse than a body kit. just a thought. ;)
He's right on that point. Most body kits are Fiber Glass and some of them crack if you look at them wrong.

·
Registered
954 Posts
what if u wait until u can get a winter beater to get a body\lip kit ? if u really don't wanna be stock, this could be the way to go

/.02

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
mehhh. winters around here really dont get TOOOOOOO bad.

as far as im concerned, if the snow is high enough that its hitting your lip kit, there is no reason to be driving the mx6 anyways, cause you prolly wont get far ;)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well if i got a body kit it would be duraflex, mainly because i dont want to fix fiberglass every year. If i do the lip kit ill probably do a mazdaspeed conversion, get a little crazy, and do a right hand drive conversion or something. Decisions Decisions lol. I have no idea why its such a hard choice, i really just need to buy another mx6 and do both lol.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I have no idea why its such a hard choice, i really just need to buy another mx6 and do both lol.
That's what I'm doing, 44kit on the M-Edition and lip kit on the RS, most likely the LSi package. You can remove when the snow gets too high ;)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Well if i got a body kit it would be duraflex, mainly because i dont want to fix fiberglass every year. If i do the lip kit ill probably do a mazdaspeed conversion, get a little crazy, and do a right hand drive conversion or something. Decisions Decisions lol. I have no idea why its such a hard choice, i really just need to buy another mx6 and do both lol.

if you do right hand drive... u plan on swapping out ur firewall with a right hand drive one.. and tonnnnns of other stuff..

dont do duraflex the stuff is cheep and fiberglass is at least fixable where duraflex and that stuff is just TROUBLE! run away from it jl!

but ill be glad to help. just dont blend in the front bumper and u can take it off in the snow or whatever.. i usualy keep my roof racks in the trunk that i cary the surf boards on and if i have to take off the buper i used to bungee it ontop and drive on! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts