Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if there was any aggressor or wide mouth body kit for 1990 lx and if there isn't is there any car that is extreamly close to where it would fit

·
Registered
41 Posts
apparently its been going around that a '95 240sx body kit will fit (well, the front bumper at least). check out the 1st gen mx-6 club at yahoo, there are a few posts there on the body kit but nobody's willing to drop $$$ money on a kit that may or may not fit.....are you willing to try? :) check out the club and the photo album, apparently some guy in australia has a 240sx front on his 1st gen. and it looks bad ass.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
yeah the 240sx kit looks mad phat. There is also 2 kits available for our cars that are a direct fit, but IMO they look too 80's ghetto. http://www.corksport.com has them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"240SX" front bumper

RE: pics on Yahoo club.

I was the one who posted the two pictures of a modified MX-6 driven in Sydney by a friend.

I asked him of prices, and this is what he said:

"for the front end, side skirts and bonnet scoops cost almost 3k - its a 200sx front end just modified"

So, you are looking at $3,000 Australian to do all that body work.

Hope this helps some of you guys out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
same thing...in the states its the 240sx but around the world they only had it in the 2.0 liter engine i think...therefore their 200sx is not the same as our 200sx which is basically a 2 door sentra. the 200sx in australia is the same as the 240sx here....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
redza: you took the words right out of my mouth!

yeah - well i was gonna say that i thought that they might have been the same car, just with a different (non-turbo?) engine.

=)

·
Registered
41 Posts
actually, the 240sx here in the states come with the ka4dze (or something like that) engine which is basically the same one they pull off their trucks...the 200sx around the rest of the world get,in my opinion, a better engine...esp. the ones in japan which have the turbo's....uhmmm....speaking of which, i should worry abt my car first...:) i dunno, i like it a lot but it isn't really inspiring when you have a '91 lx, no money to drop in a turbo, and squeaky windows and a dodgy sunroof seal....:)

p.s.: although, check my post listed 'my first kill' to put things into perspective....ha!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
oh...i thought the 240sx in outher markets were called silvias...sorry bout that..what might 3000 australian dollars convert too in US cash?

·
Registered
41 Posts
3000 aussie dollars is about 1600 us....seems pretty pricey for a body kit...i'm pretty sure its cheaper in the states....the front end for a 240sx is about 400 and with modifications and installations, you might be looking at 800 tops....that's for the front end only though...but i'm sure you could do the whole car for under 1200...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I am going to do this when I get my GT...but im not going too if the back has to stay stock..looks like crap. any sugestions as to a car that kinda has a similar shape?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anarchyx34 said:
yeah the 240sx kit looks mad phat. There is also 2 kits available for our cars that are a direct fit, but IMO they look too 80's ghetto. http://www.corksport.com has them.
I am looking for a body kit for my mx but all I have found looks too old school. What dose the 240 one look like?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts