Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just went over to Seaside Autobody today to get a quote to get my sides glassed and front and rear adjusted to fit perfectly. He quoted me $1030, that also includes mesh for the sides and front. Pretty damn good if u ask me. He is also using some new 3M glue [shizzle] that is hella hazerdous that costs like $40 a tube, you have to take some 8 hr course to be able to even purchase this stuff!! so bye bye rivits, hello glue. This is all going to happen sometime in january!!! YAY FOR ME!!

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i'd stick with rivets myself.....glue can always fail ;) if rivets fail, you can always drill them out and replace 'em

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the guy said the glue is the stuff car makers use, like the corolla s add ons and such, hella strong and guaranteed as long as i have my car same for the fiberglass, guaranteed unless i get in an accident or somethin like that. as for color i am going either black w/green pearl or green w/black pearl. havent figured out which one will give the effect i want. lookin for a dark dark green with shades at different angles pretty much.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well if the warranty is like you say...werd up :tup:

as for color....i'd check with unique to see what he suggests.....but a black base with an iridescent pearl coat would look good :)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i just can't wait to get mine painted with the GTX color scheme....blaze red on top, with charcoal grey on the bottom...and i probably will do the hood in charcoal grey as well ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
shadow3030 said:
the guy said the glue is the stuff car makers use, like the corolla s add ons and such, hella strong and guaranteed as long as i have my car same for the fiberglass, guaranteed unless i get in an accident or somethin like that. as for color i am going either black w/green pearl or green w/black pearl. havent figured out which one will give the effect i want. lookin for a dark dark green with shades at different angles pretty much.
To get a really good effect on the pearl you should contrast light- dark or dark to light.

A guy in my car club painted his S10 white with a purple pearl looked sick. Just my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts