Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently put in my new water pump and now i start my car and when i give it gas it goes up to about 1500 rpm and then it bogs down and periodically the rpms go up and down when holding the gas steady could this be a sensor that is out or is it something else?

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Are you saying it will not drive ? or that it will drive but bogs at this rev area then continues ? need to be a little clearer if you would.

Did you remove the cam belt when you changed the water pump ? and if so, didi you align the crank and camshafts up correctly afterwards ?

The idle hunting could well be air in the coolant, or not enough coolant, especialy since you have just replaced it to do the pump.

Oddy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it tries to drive but the rpms go up and down normally around 250 to 2000 with the pedal held in the same position sometimes it does die but only when its sitting in drive and i didnt remove the cam belt when i put the new pump in

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Have you removed the airfilter box recently ? pluged the 5 wire connection back into the side of the VAF exiting the rear of the air filter box ?

Re-connected the Crank Position sensor wire near the dipstick ? also the water temp sensors at the top ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts