Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are gains I was told to expect, and wanted to ask your opinions on them...

Brospeed headers: 10
Brospeed exhaust: 10
Intake : 8
ECU chip upgrade: 5
Pulley kit : 8

Any comments, such as personal gains would be appreciated. I've got some wicked ideas...

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
BSmoothXTR said:
These are gains I was told to expect, and wanted to ask your opinions on them...

Brospeed headers: 10
Brospeed exhaust: 10
Intake : 8
ECU chip upgrade: 5
Pulley kit : 8

Any comments, such as personal gains would be appreciated. I've got some wicked ideas...
To be honest, I don't see 40+HP from these mods. That would be a 35% increase in power. I don't see it. As a guess, I'd say expect something like, maybe 15HP all told. I know it's pessimistic, but that's my guess.

Have you dyno'd the car as it stands now?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He he... here's the twist... It's all goin' on a J-Spec FSZE... I can't supercharge the FSZE though, can I?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
an intake or a filter? theres a difference

G

·
Expect 25HP increase. Bolt-ons don't produce much.
Turbo, Nitro, or Super will give you big HP :D of course that's big $cha-ching$! Of course you're talkin' Jspec and I've got a F-Stock, and I don't know much about that engine and what kind of gains you could get, but if I got 10Hp from my custom Exhaust, I'd have 110Hp @ the wheels!

You can't Turbo the ZE because of the compression ratio. It's like 9.5:1!!! That's up there with older sport bikes! SuperCharger...Don't know about it yet..haven't heard any word.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Electric said:

You can't Turbo the ZE because of the compression ratio. It's like 9.5:1!!!
its only 1/2 point higher than a US spec MX-6. c'mon now mines 11:1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts