Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If read one more post telling the author to search I’m going to scream…
It appears to me that the original info was posted so long a go, it is way way away in dark realms of the MX6.com vault.. Every post I looked up about a bleed valve or home made boost control or what ever comes up with search and you will get your answer.. so please !! could some one explained in layman’s terms how to rig one up … I understand from looking @ my turbo there is the turbo (exhaust and air side) there is a waste gate valve with a vac/pressure hose from the output side of the turbo and it goes to an electric thimajig, then to the waste gate .. what and how to fit up a bleed valve?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Take off the electrical thngy (aka boost solenoid). you will require a 10mm socket or wrech to get it off.then hook up your valve between the wastegate and the cold side pressure knob on the compressor side of the turbo.you may required additional hose.but you get the point.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok that seams fairly simple .. do I have to remove the boost solenoid,or just remove the vac hoses from it?
And I’m guessing I just put a tap in there to shut down the pressure yea? IE the more closed the tap the less pressure getting past and the gate stays closed longer..=More boost..

G

·
Mr. MX6 said:
Ok that seams fairly simple .. do I have to remove the boost solenoid,or just remove the vac hoses from it?
And I’m guessing I just put a tap in there to shut down the pressure yea? IE the more closed the tap the less pressure getting past and the gate stays closed longer..=More boost..

Better yet, get a Ball & Spring style valve that is either fully open, or fully closed. You can get one for $5 USD or so at most hardware stores.

Run it from the turbo compressor outlet to your wastegate acutator inlet.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G’day Flyswat .. I don’t think we have ever met B4. (we still haven’t) but your rep proceeds you.. and frankly I’m much the same as you. .you call a spade a spade. And you are passionate about Mazda’s .. I’m still a newbie with this f2t motor so I keep my self to my self, till I know more.. .all thou maybe I use a different approach/tact to you ... keep up the good work..
cool I think I have the Australian hardware equivalent.. My one is plastic but it has 2 position open or closed. . as soon as the little lady has cooled down a bit I’ll hook it up …
Thanks for that both of you. .
(and I don’t have to remove the electric thingamy-watsit just the vac hoses yea?)

G

·
Mr. MX6 said:
G’day Flyswat .. I don’t think we have ever met B4. (we still haven’t) but your rep proceeds you.. and frankly I’m much the same as you. .you call a spade a spade. And you are passionate about Mazda’s .. I’m still a newbie with this f2t motor so I keep my self to my self, till I know more.. .all thou maybe I use a different approach/tact to you ... keep up the good work..
I'm not sure what to take of this. I'm either an ass or a celebrity...or something.

cool I think I have the Australian hardware equivalent.. My one is plastic but it has 2 position open or closed. . as soon as the little lady has cooled down a bit I’ll hook it up …
Thanks for that both of you. .
(and I don’t have to remove the electric thingamy-watsit just the vac hoses yea?)
Get something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2445518808

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FlySwat said:
I'm not sure what to take of this. I'm either an ass or a celebrity...or something.
Yes you are….lol

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
KraZe151 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but when I put in the boost controller, If the boost solenoid was unplugged it turned on my CEL. So I just left it there, it doesn't take up that much room
what do you mean cel.the boost solenoid is not suppose to turn the check engine light on.mind you.the check engine light its for emision and and anything to do with that.(mil)malfunction indicator light.unless you diconnect something else.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
I pieced together a how-to in the how-to section on maing a boost controller, one problem that I ran into was finding a ball bearing from a hardware store, another problem was finding an adjustment screw that would fit pipe thread, in the end, it' easier to just order a boost controller like Flyswat linked you to, you'll probably find it alot easier on the brain, less stress, less driving, less aggravation. I drove around for a whole weekend looking for a ball bearing, only to find nothing. One guy even suggested "why don't you steal a shopping cart, cut off the wheel, break it apart, and take the ball bearings out of that?" "shopping carts have ball bearings" :lol:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
SixSick6 said:
, one problem that I ran into was finding a ball bearing from a hardware store, .....
.... I drove around for a whole weekend looking for a ball bearing, only to find nothing. One guy even suggested "why don't you steal a shopping cart, cut off the wheel, break it apart, and take the ball bearings out of that?" "shopping carts have ball bearings" :lol:
So ....they don't have bikeshops where you live?

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
FlySwat said:
Famous again. Someone else must have seen you staring out over Wanda Fuca.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
crusty said:
So ....they don't have bikeshops where you live?
yeah i thought of that one too, but most shops have ditched ball bearings in favor of sealed roller bearings for bottom brackets and handlebar stem, I tried the bike section of Wal Mart and didnt come up with anything. I think a bike store would want alot for a bearing housing, well not too much, but enough that it would warrant just geting one off EBay to avoid the hassle of making the same thing yourself

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
PK, Give me a call.

I will go thru a how to on this and you can write it up.

For starters, the factory solenoid is left inplace and the bypassed.

If the wires are unplugged, you will get a code.

My ECU will be intown also. You may be able to use it.

Check your PM

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok will do but im actually going away for a couple of days to Sydney (starting tomorrow.. ) but we can get into it net week yey.. Thanks mate .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts