Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking for sometime now and haven't been able to find a boost controller AND turbo timer in one unit. I understand why they sell the units seperately.

What a seller if they combined the 2 functions in one, for a reasonable $$
I have seen the chinese knock offs on ebay that have these, but who knows what you are getting?

Anyone found any units that dont break the bank?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I believe HKS makes one but I think its expensive. Also, there are a few generic ones running around ebay. They are around $180.

I personally would rather pay more for a reliable one. my .02

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well for around $200 you can get a hks evc 4 which is an awesome boost controller. (I got lucky and paid $190 shipped for mine)

And around $50-100 you can get a hks type 0 or 1 turbo timer. (I got lucky and a friend found a type-1 for $50 shipped)

So roughly $250-300 (Will depend on your searching skills and patients) for an awesome fail-safe combo will get you this:

And with both I find it super easy to do what I want, when I want, at least with this current setup.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Both of those units were some that I was considering. But my point was is there a name brand manufacturer that makes both functions in one unit for around the same price range you mentioned.....

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries.... Will probably end up with a setup not unlike yours.

·
Registered
657 Posts
looks like my setup but i only spent 140 for the evc and the timer but mines a type 0 and you wont find any name brand that has both in one

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am quickly realising that they don't make the all in one.... Too bad there is a market in my opinion....

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing wrong with that. They are super simple to hook up, I am not concerned about the complexity of the unit(s). Just would be simpler....and the less time under the hood means more time enjoying the fruits of my labour. And it would have an inherintly cleaner look, being one unit instead of two.

Oh well, time to go and sniper bid!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts