Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Autometer Boost Gauge - how do I hook it up. Please use laymans terms when possible (if you can't I'll try to figure out what you mean)- I'm pretty good with cars - I just don't have the vocabulary

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just installed mine about 2 days ago so hopefully I can help!
You want to tap into the vac line behind the tb by the drivers side tb boot. On the top there, you will see three black hoses almost side by side.
You want to use one of those. I used the first one on the top. It is black with white hash marks on it. Go to a hardware store and buy a T-connector to tap into that line. Run the line that came with the boost gauge from there through the firewall and to where ever yu are mounting the gauge.
Sorry for the short intructions, I am in a rush.
If you want, email me, and I will write out some better ones and I can send you some pics of my install.
Don't worry, I had a lot of questions too!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tanks man - I'll try to make due with those instructions. Where do you live in Ottawa - east/west end - do you go to school - where. We should definately get together. You don't drive a red mx-6 do you? Are you the guy who lives right between Stittsvill and Kanata - if so I've seen your car! Anyway - thanks for the info and write back

·
Registered
246 Posts
I live in the West end, but no that west, before Kanata etc. I do go to school, but I am currently working for the summer, you?? Where are you abouts?
I do have a red mx6, but probably not the one you saw.
Anyways, I will take some pics for you if you want and beter instructions as well.
Email me !!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Smoothie,

The "tb" that you refer to in your insturctions stands for what? turbo?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks. Thats great cause that is real close to the firewall.

How do you guys with boost gauges sugest mounting them and where? I not want to just tape it on the dash. LOL.

·
Registered
332 Posts
anarchyx34,

I got nothing from your link.

Do the A pillar pods fit if you have auto matic seat belts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts