Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new year everyone!!:wave: I thought id kick this lovely year off with a question that im quite sure will be answered quikly however iv searched my little heart out and still have no idea wot the answer could be.

What would i need to do to fit a boost gauge to my standard turbo setup? I understand that by having a boost gauge on a standard setup it has a certain wank factor to it but id like it to be all fixed and ready to go for when i have enough cashola saved to redo the turbo and what not.

So if i was to go out tomorrow (im really tempted to go now) and buy a 52mm boost gauge with mounting cup and blue back light, and fit it to my 89 mx6 what would i need to do and is it going to be a dog to install.

Thanks to all of you who reply and have a great year:D

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you get a cheaper mechanical one all you need to do is run a vac line into the cabin to the boost gauge and then a power and ground wire for the light

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we are talkin50 buck job from supercheap auto because i got a gift card for that place and figured i might as well use it on something i want rate then oil and what not. Cheers RR

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
If you come around one day, i can fit it for you. (Show you where and how to).

I live 5 mins from Strathpine.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sounds like a great deal i could provide you with a cash ajustment or bottle of prefered alcohol if you would like?

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
No need. Its real easy, honestly.

I will send you my mobile number, but i will be away until the weekend. So call me after Friday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts