Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since i put the probinator chip in my car has been over boosting. I tried 3 different boost controller to lower to 15psi but it just goes over to about 18psi. So i put the old boost solenoid to see what happens and it only goes to 10psi. Can there be something wrong with my wastegate?

·
Registered
652 Posts
are your sure your hooking up the boost controllers right?
yeah that.....if the stock soilenoid is giving you 10 psi I'd say your wastegate is working properly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea stock is only giving it 10psi. Ill check again tomorrow if it right, maybe it took a crap cause it is a homedepot controller lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would my cheap have anything to do with this. I tried 2 other controllers same thing. I have it set to 10psi now, but if i try to turn it up just a lil bit about half a turn on the controller it would go to about 17psi once spiked up to 20. Has anyone ever had a problem like this.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Would my cheap have anything to do with this. I tried 2 other controllers same thing. I have it set to 10psi now, but if i try to turn it up just a lil bit about half a turn on the controller it would go to about 17psi once spiked up to 20. Has anyone ever had a problem like this.
One of my buddies used to have the same problem when he used home made controller, thats not to say it IS YOUR issue but could be :shrug: Also check to make sure the lines aren't swapped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts