Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got his Integra out of the shop (took 9 months, and an ungodly ammount of $$$$$) with a sick ass set up that puts down about 400whp.

So one night we took it out (on slicks) and while we were on I-95 at about midnight, a 2003 convertable Vette (50th anv) 6 speed, pulls up next to us, and waits for us to go. So my friend gave it about half throttle and let off to let the Vette get the kick, and then he gave it WOT, and pulled about 5-6 cars on the Vette when we backed off at about 155mph (from 75mph in a heart beat:eek: )

After that the guy in the Vette pulled up next to us, and rolled his window down, and gave us the :tup: and said something like "damn that's fast!" I couldn't really hear since we were doing 60mph.

Anyway's that's about the fastest and most exiting race I've ever been in (not driving unfortunatly:( )

BTW the Integra was only running 14psi on C16 race gas, so just use your imagination about what it feels like on 30 psi which is his max boost:eek:

It spins through 4th on slicks if you're having a hard time imagining what it's like.

Juggalo

·
Registered
440 Posts
DAMN!!!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
That

Is

Awesome....

Any pictures?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CustomMX6 said:
That

Is

Awesome....

Any pictures?
Awesome doesen't even scratch the surface of the feeling (it's almost better than sex)

And he doesen't have pics, but it's a wide body, JDM front end conversion, on 18" wheels... But it's PRIMERED!!! He ran out of money to paint the car, so the paint job is going to have to wait.

On the other hand it makes a lot of people:lol:at him. He laughs back, and says "if they only knew" so you can imagine how surprised some of his victim's look.

On bad side, that car breaks more than most DSM's (that's a lot) So it's true that 4 cyl cars can't be fast and reliable.

Juggalo

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Think you can get some pictures of it (engine too)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CustomMX6 said:
Think you can get some pictures of it (engine too)
I can try, but I doubt he would let me take a pic of his engine. He's pretty careful about who gets to look under his hood, I understand why, seeing that we set up a lot of races for money.

The outside like I said before is nothing pretty to look at so...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Yeah, thats all understandable.

Will he get it painted soon, you think?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CustomMX6 said:
Will he get it painted soon, you think?
I'm not sure how soon he plans on getting the paint job. But I know for a fact it's going to be 350Z blue, with broze (Brembo like) painted calipers.

The paint job isn't at the top of his list right now (he also has a 2nd gen GSX, that he plans to have on the road soon)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts