Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I fitted a home brew boost controller last night.. ….. well yea NOW it is close to my second gen…(but don’t tell Barry lol)
It is still lacking in drive-ability .. but it pulls lot harder…, but is still slower… but it is heading in the right direction….
thats all just sharing....

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
How much you boosting it too ?

Reckon it would be as quick as the ZE down the strip ? even with a 400m skid you where still pulling mid 15's hehe..

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Na nothing like the ze man.. it still has to wind up.. but once it gets going it is OK.. but next time we all got to the track ill bring both cars.. and then we will all know…

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I have to say having been in both a J-spec ZE and a boost manual Mx-6 turbo the ZE feels more top end and did have larger charge at 170-200. but man I have ot say it after last night rodeo on 16psi (large massive turbo ) and skyline 13psi massive turbo Both (mid 12's)
THAT IS REAL POWER. SO MR.6 Get real and turbo that ZE @-

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
if i were you mr mx6, i would rather be turboing the ZE instead of putting more work on the f2T....u will be the first one in aus that does it i think....

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
yeah and if i was you mr mx6 id be stoked that i had both a 2nd and 1st gen :)

Yeah i want to head down the track soon early next year :)

Just got to get some spare wheels to slaughter :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
anybody perth ppl interested in a Woop ass wednesday sometime? i dont have much money at the moment , but could "maybe" borrow a bit. But after xmas i would be keen.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a plan . .whoop ass Wednesday in early Jan…
I don’t know if perhaps im doing the wrong thing but as much as my "Boost controller" controls the boost (Duh) I just leave it on high all the time , IE as high as choked off as I can B4 the ECU cuts the motor under boost..
Is that ok.. ?

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
The SHizz said:
anybody perth ppl interested in a Woop ass wednesday sometime? i dont have much money at the moment , but could "maybe" borrow a bit. But after xmas i would be keen.
its only $40 for the day :)

used to be $30 but they upped it.. barstards :(

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
since when?

i was down there for the last whopp ass wednesday for the year and it was still $30.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts