Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any1 have one??

its annoying that my car doesn't have one!! :(

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Do you mean the bulb has gone, or you don't have a light at all fitted? The bulb is a simple 501 type, if you don't ahve one fitted on the J-spec, might I suggest popping along to ultraleds.co.uk and buying a 30cm LED strip and wiring it in... Something I plan on doing at some point... only with a lot more than 1 strip. :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
i have one!!!!! not that this news is going to be any good to you. but hell i have one!!!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the whole unit is not there???
its weird!

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
sucks to be you.
i was just thinkin to myself the other day that it is useful... like my internal boot release. 8D

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
RdS said:
sucks to be you.
i was just thinkin to myself the other day that it is useful... like my internal boot release. 8D
Although that may work on most of us in here, crasheed has a j-spec, so has the internal boot release.

I still say it don't matter that much.. you still gotta get out of the car to close it again... now remote open and close... that's the way to go :E

Oh, and back on topic, I have a boot light too... really useful :E

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Underneath the "parcel shelf" between the two speakers..

It should be clipped into a rectangular hole..

John

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
yeah, if you have one, you'll see it.
just poke your head up in between the two hinges.
but if not, do what heckler said.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i took a further look!
found just a cable with a bulb on it!! and it wasn't plugged in! could'nt find where is should be pluged in!! weird!

will take a closer look soon

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i looked everywhere! there's no socket for the lamp bulb!
the bulb "looks" ok

can any1 take a pic of the light they have in the boot for me please!
does it have an on/off switch and like a nice box that the bulb sits in??
thnaks

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
It's on a switch like the doors... so it only comes on when you open the boot. Not sure, but I think the switch is part of the lock mehcanism on the bootlid. But that's on UK spec cars, no idea with J-specs.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I found it! For three years I have looked high and low and finaly tonight when I picked up the new on with a working light I found out where it is. It's dead centre in the boot about 2" in from the edge and all it is is a push in bulb holder. But it was pushed up inside because I think what happens is it gets knocked and goes up the hole. I'll grab a picture tomorrow and post it up.

Gerry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts