Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm bored of driving my backup car(cavalier automatic) and I miss my baby...she's in the shop for some accident repair from when my neighbor backed into her. I don't even know if I'm gonna have her back for the long weekend...but I am still hoping. Anyways, I'm thinking about putting 15 or 16" Team Dynamics Motorsports rims(anthracite colored) on my green LS. What do you think? Also, I was thinking about the erebuni no. 685 GTR style wing aso well. Any opinions? I figure I should change the spoiler when I do the supra tails otherwise it'll look weird, plus I think that wing looks awesome on a 6. And lastly, can I put lowering springs on the stock struts or will the ride suck? Thanks and lot!

·
Registered
475 Posts
anthracite rims would look hot. I would go with 17"s though. When you lower it and throw on lo-pro's, it'll look very very very hot.
I'm a fan of the stock wing so I say keep it. But if u dont like it, put on what you think looks best.
Good luck

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with going to 17's is the amount of crappy roads and potholes we have here in Quebec. So I'd rather no go too big and risk cracking the rims. I haven't totally decided on the spoiler yet, but we'll see, thanks for the advice!

bj

·
Registered
446 Posts
17"s will be fine. If you're worried about it, go with a beefier tire (maybe go to a 45 series tire instead of 40). I've been running my stock struts with GCs for nearly 2 years now and am only just now starting to crave a better ride. Sounds like road conditions are a bit more severe where you live though, so you may not last as long. You'll have to upgrade struts eventually. Wait, and you have more money in your pocket for a few more months BUT you'll have to tear your suspension apart again to add the struts if you do them later. Choices, choices...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts