Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has just sold me a borla exhaust/random tech cat for 275 dollars. he wrecked his probe :( so he decided to hook me up. will i get any kind of noticeable jump in performance? i have a 4 cyl, btw... i just wanted to know if my car will be any faster with the mods

·
Registered
27 Posts
well, you probably won't notice almost any difference, what seems to make the most difference on our cars are the headers, bosal claims around 10hp gains. the borla with random cat may yield a little, but nothing really noticeable. If you're planning to upgrade more in the future it is a good idea to get a better flowing exhaust though, and you will get a nice deep sound, not ricey :)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
itll be noticable but it wont be incredible. a cat-back and a K&N drop in were my first mods. i felt 'em...so did the hondas:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just purchased a k&n drop in today. i noticed a tiny improvement. anything helps :)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
if you noticed an improvement with the drop in, youll definaltely feel the cat-back. its about twice the gain

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
today is day 2 with the k&n, and i must say, it really seemed to improve the power of my car, especially in th 2-3000 rpm range. would a CAI be much improvement from its present state?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah. the gain you felt...itll be about the same gain. if you wanna find out what its like, drive your car around for a while during the late afternoon (or when its hot outside) and then get on it. then park your car and let it cool down. when the paint is cool and you can open the hood without feeling much heat (or even better, wait til night time), get in and as soon as your temp needle is in the normal (but below where it usually sits), go for it. feel a difference? you should. well anywayz, a CAI gives you that extra boost all the time. i can explain how it works it you like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts