Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Driver and passenger doorlocks are in VERY bad shape... Not to mention the trunk... :mad:

I can barely make a key go in... and IF it goes in, when I turn it, it bends and barely unlocks the door...

The previous owner gave me 4 keys... all of them bent...

I have keyless entry but the other day the doorlocks stayed stuck in between the LOCK and UNLOCK positions.... Couldn't get in.... Had to bend a key!

I was so freakin' mad! :mad:

Anyone have Ideas on how I could fix this?

I already lubed the locks with graphite grease to no avail... :V

G

·
I have the same problem with my car. It looks as though the locks have just fallen inside of the door (both of them actually, and the trunk). I had to crawl in the sunroof the other day to get my car open (which of course triggered the security alarm--which can only be stopped by turning the key in the lock!! It was quite a scene). Anyways, I'm taking my car in to get fixed next week...but, if anyone has any cheaper suggestions please let me know too : )

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whoa man, that must of sucked.. :(

I asked my mazda dealer and they would charge me
250$ CDN PER LOCK (labour and parts)@-

Freakin crazy! They told me that there is a special chip in the key and blah blah.... is that true?

I have like 4 Curtis copies of my original....

G

·
I was also told that sometimes if one lock needs replacing that you must replace all 3 (both doors and the trunk too), because of the security system. This seems kind of stupid to me--and expensive. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
my locks wouldnt work either, and the driverside lock actually ripped my key...the dealer wanted $45US to replace each lock plus labor. I simply sprayed WD-40 in all the locks and that fixed my problem...

Maybe that will work for you???:idea:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm i'll try the WD-40... but i'm skeptical when it comes to my locks...

Does anybody know if taking off the whole handle is a tough job?

Dnd as for the master/slave locks... is it an electrical or mecanical relay that controls the locks?:confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Groovy! Just groovy :)

I took the whole thing apart and blasted the lock with some Bolt off :) then some WD-40 :) and to finish it off some graphite lube :D... MAYBE I'm being a LITTLE bit excessive... but hey, it works like a charm now !
At least on the drivers side :)

Just saved up about 250$ CDN so far! :cool:

The trunk lock is a different story... doesn't look like I can open the cylinder to fix it... :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts