Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am also wanting both front and rear tie bars I know corksport.com has them it's made by them and it says:
CORK SPORT Front strut tower bar $59
CORK SPORT Rear strut tower bar $59

I dont know if they will fit the 4 banger. Does anyone know? Are there any others out there I found a couple of front ones but I relly want a rear with the front one any help is Great!

G

·
the front and rear bars are exactly the same...and i called corksport a couple months ago and they said they were redesigning the strut bars. they're probably done by now, it never hurts to call and ask. and usually the strut bar for the 4 cyl and 6 are the same too. you shouldnt have any problem fitting any strut bar made for the car. the main problem with 6 cyl strut bars is that the bar will either rub the intake manifold or the hood, but you wont have that problem with the 4 cuz you got more room in the engine compartment to fit stuff...

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have also been looking for strut bars for the front and rear. and i have had no luck finding any besides the corsport ones. can anyone tell me any name brands that they have found and where i can find them . i am very interested in the front for now but both would actually be better. thanks for any help.

G

·
Ractive and PRD also make strut bars for the mx6...i cant remember ractive's website but PRD can be found from the probetalk.com website...

·
Registered
257 Posts
EVERY 6CYL COMPATIBLE BAR CAN FIT THE 4CYL, BUT NOT THE OTHER WAY DUE TO THE CLEARANCE OF THE KL03 INTAKE MANIFOLD. AND THEY ALL SHOULD FIT THE BACK TOWERS OF ALL MODELS.

NOPI HAS A BAR FOR $40 BUCKS!!! SHOULD BE FINE FOR THE REAR. MAYBE EVEN THE FRONT IF IT FITS. I'M GONNA ORDER ONE FOR THE REAR AND SEE IF MAYBE IT FITS THE FRONT.

L8R
NICK
BLUMX6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts