Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
if i buy a TurboXS type S BOV well it fit or what? someone help with this, also i have searched and found the bov mod but crappy discription, any body witha better explination of doing the BOV mod with pics maybe?

thanks

(EDIT) never mind i found a post on a Type s BOV

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Unless you're running like 20lbs of boost on an upgraded turbo, stick with the bypass. Going to a BOV will only hinder you by creating turbo lag and momentary rich conditions. I'll put it this way, I ran consistant 10.1xx at our local track with Adam's chip, a Greddy Type S, and boost at 12psi. I didn't see a 9.9 until I ditched the blow off valve and went back to the stock bypass.

Or you can make cool sounds and be slow

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
I actually found that once you add a cone filter and turn up the boost...you get a cool sound from the stock bypass, it isnt the classic F&Fppzzzzzz....but rather a F&FWhooooooosh. Sadly since installing a 1st gen DSM Bypass, I longer get a F&FWoooooooooooosh......more like a f&fwhoosh. but anyone who is "in the know" will know that the sound being made is unmistakably from a car that is TURBOCHARGED :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts