Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im wondering if there is a company you guys might use OTHER than cardone for a brake booster. mine is bad AGAIN!! 5 in under a year...

i bought it from autozone but advanced, oreily and napa all carry the same thing... i cant afford the mazda one and idk if they still have them

also if anybody has a good CHEAP one let me know...

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
for the price you spent on 5 you could probably buy a mazda one hahah

ill sell you the one from the parts car cheap. the bottom half had the paint flake off and rust.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
hey looby, what's the signs of a bad brake booster, obviously it affects braking, but i've never had one go bad; but would it make a noise? i'm suspecting i have that problem but i'm not sure. when i brake there's a popping sound that comes and i'm wondering what the hell it is because my master cylinder is not that old so what else could it be? sorry for hijaking the thread, but just wondering.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
compunut - the one i bought has a lifetime warranty on it im just tired of having to replace it. is there anything wrong with it? price and shipping? i still might just get another free replacement but i was hoping for another alternative

blackmx6 - when the booster goes bad you have no more power brakes. you will be hauling on the steering wheel to push the pedal down hard enough. as far as popping... when it pops does the brakeing change? like you put the brakes on and then 'pop' and the brakes seem to catch better? if so it might be a caliper sticking. if not... ill have to think.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$30 shipped? done... if anything ill get the free warranty one and have a backup.... whats your paypal? and since ive got you here how much did you want for that proportioning valve if youve still got it?

and just to be clear (to your knowledge) both the booster and the proportioning valve are working?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
yeah the braking seems to grab once the popping sound happens, but could it be the rack? i mean the sound seems to be coming from under the car. i do have rack problems though, last year i got the rack serviced and then i dunno what happened but the bearings came out and i replaced it with a probe rack and it's still not working 100% so is there a possibility if i brake, the rack would make a pop sound? anyways, thanks for ur help looby.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
$30 shipped? done... if anything ill get the free warranty one and have a backup.... whats your paypal? and since ive got you here how much did you want for that proportioning valve if youve still got it?

and just to be clear (to your knowledge) both the booster and the proportioning valve are working?
yup yup. afaik the car ran fine till the head cracked. ill take of shipping the stuff when i get back from my friends house. feel free to pm me and ill pull and take pics monday.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the braking seems to grab once the popping sound happens, but could it be the rack? i mean the sound seems to be coming from under the car. i do have rack problems though, last year i got the rack serviced and then i dunno what happened but the bearings came out and i replaced it with a probe rack and it's still not working 100% so is there a possibility if i brake, the rack would make a pop sound? anyways, thanks for ur help looby.
it should not be the rack. the rack has really nothing to do with the brake system. i would pull off the calipers and look at the slider pins if they are pitted or scored replace them $4 at autozone for both last time i checked and grease them. if the slider pins are good id check the caliper to see if there are pits or scores in the piston wall. other than that... when the pop happens does the pedal sink further? like 'pop' foot sinks another 1inch or somesuch?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
nah, the brakes grab ok it cracks when i step on the brake but it goes down as it should. it's pretty weird. thanks for the help again. i'm gonna check that out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts