Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a relatively new caliper (about 5 months old). I started leaking brake fluid a couple of weeks ago. Now it is leaking lots of fluid, and i have to fill up the reservoir. I checked the caliper out to see where it was leaking from. It is not comming from the brake cable or the connection to the caliper, and its not leaking from the bleed valve. Im guessing that a seal inside the caliper has deteriorated. Anyone have an idea of what may be wrong, and what can i do about it? Is it repairable? Why has it failed so soon?

Regards

Jay

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hi Jay

Nice to see your still around m8, the seal in the piston has went and yes it can be sorted but you would be better taking it to a place that can do that sorta stuff m8.

Andy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andy

Im still around, no one seems to want to buy my car.
If that is all it is then, its saved me a load of cash. I take it this is a standard thing and should be easy for them to do? Just what i need at Christmas.

Regards

Jay

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Jay

Yes nothing to hard for the right place, and i can't believe that no one wants to buy that lovely car m8.

Strange people the English :), i would have thought at least you would have the boy racers round there :(.

Andy

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Hi Jay... glad you're still lurking about..

As for the caliper, don't take it to a Mazda dealer... they reckon you can't get a seal kit for them.. and will only sell you a new caliper.. :mad:

As Andy says, there should be brake speciallists out there who can supply and fit a seal kit.

why it's gone so soon???? dunno mate... possibly a manufacturing fault.. (friday afternoon one)

John

·
Registered
320 Posts
5 months seems a very short time for something like that to go
I suppose theres no garantee on it then. No chance of refund or repair by supplier ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts