Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I noticed when parking my car today, that there is an odd clunk noise when i move forward and then hit the brakes, or move in reverse and hit the brakes. Anyone have anything similar? It sounds like the noise is coming from the front end. Also I get a kind of vibration noise when i turn sometimes at low speed. Any help would be much appreciated!

bj

G

·
0 Posts
I have a clunk noise when i hit the gas quickly. It also clunks when shifting into 2nd if i don't give gas as i let the clutch out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have a clunk when i hit the brakes also. i thinks it is the rear caliper. i think the are bad for that so u might want to replace the caliper that is doing it

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
yeah, actually I have this same problem. If I'm traveling at like 25mph and I press on th ebrakes, right before I completely stok th ecar, I hear/feel a small clunck coming from the front suspension. I stil havent had time to wrip off the strut asembly and investigate this but it's really something that should be taken care of ASAP. Anyone think they know what causes this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had several clunks and grinds recently and am trying to figure them out. I was getting a bad grinding feeling out of the right front area and it turns out I needed to replace my rotors and get a new drive axle (set me back about $550). I still get a clunk while accelerating and turning at low speeds but it hasnt been getting any worse. I suspect the wheel bearings....another costly repair...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another area to check to the front caliper slides. These need to greased every 12 months else they start going clunk when you hit the brakes. What happens is that the slides dry out, then only one brake pad works as the caliper doesn't float. The clunk is the caliper freezing and unfreezing on the slide.

Trev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts