Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
The brake light on the wing of my six hasn't been working for quite sometime. I recently got rear-ended and had to get my exhaust/bumper replaced. In the process, I tried as hard as I could to get my insurance company to replace that light as well, because "it was working before the accident" ;). Anywho, they wouldn't allow it because there was no evidance of damage done above the bumper :(. So my question is, is there a seperate fuse for that brake light that I should maybe check? It doesn't make sense to me that all of the LEDs in light would stop working at the same time. Could it be a wiring issue as well? Just list all of your suggestions and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Im not sure about how the lights on the rear wing work as i do not even have the wing on my car, but if i were you i would continue to harass my insurance company. If you were hit from the back and your lights no longer work the accident was the fault. Lights are sensative to impact and do not have to look damaged for the filements to break. I think you should try to find one of your friends, or your self if you can do it, and write a really nice long letter explaning that your lights do not work becuase of this and its not cheap to fix. So you should not have to pay for it. That is what insurance is for. You should try to speak to someone above a normal rep at your insurance location. I know i would definatley get them to pay for that damage. PERIOD.

Best of luck to yah, hope they fix it.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have given up on it now because the agent that inspected my car said there was no visable damage above the bumper (which is true). He told me that if there had been a crack in either one of the tail lights, they could have replaced it for me. Oh well.

So does anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Registered
387 Posts
UnDeR_FLiP said:
So does anyone else have any suggestions?

Yeah. How about not scamming over your insurance company? People pulling this minor fraud crap is one of the reasons we ALL have to pay so much for insurance. Be an adult and buy a replacement light or get the problem fixed without lying.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
sheesh...someone needs to take their midol. I'd say the reason we pay so much for insurance is because it's a "have-to-have".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts