Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again. I already read the thread saying what it meant if the "rear" light came on, yet all the lights work. I'm just curious on how to get the brake light covers off. It's kind of a stupid question, but it's my first car and don't really want to mess up my car by fooling with it. I just want to check the connections to the bulbs, but want to know how to get in there.

·
Registered
352 Posts
All you have to do is: Pop the trunk; there is one philips head screw on each cover, just unscrew it; then there are two fasteners on each light, you just have to work in away from the car (toward the outside) and it should pop right off. The lights all twist and pop out.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If the "rear" light appears only when you hit the break, follow this as the same thing happened to me three weeks ago, and unless you look really closely one of the bulbs is burnt out.
My father and best friend couldn't tell the difference until I pointed it out. (I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my car)
I had to pop the trunk open and remove a couple of fasteners then you'll need some pliers (makes it easier) to pinch out the casing clips. It took a while but it can be done!
Make sure you put the casing back tightly in place, I only noticed when I closed the trunk that it was hanging out slightly.
That "rear" light should disappear.
I was suprised just as much as you were when I saw this light, it was the first warning I've had appear with any car- import or domestic.
Let me know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts