Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake light has started comming on when i brake fairly hard, it only stays on until i let off the brakes.. its the same light that comes on when i have the e-brake pulled.. Think this has any connection to my rear calipers? perhaps they are starting to lock up? car has about 65,000km, so its that time i guess... anyone notice this before their calipers locked?

·
Registered
357 Posts
try adding brake fluid to the brake master resevoir... that's usually the problem associated with the symptoms you'd describing...

if you do that and its not fixed, check the rear caliper out and maybe get a rebuilt one...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, I had the same problem, brake fluid was low, so everytime you compress your brakes, the fluid level in your tank lowers, below the sensor... brake fluid will more than likely fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
car is mtx.. cant really say i have noticed any less pressure on clutch.. i will check brake fluid tomorrow though, that could be it, but it just started in the last month or so and i havent done anything to it, so how could it be low?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Its the Brake fluid and I have an MTX and i had the same problem. Filled up the with fluid, and havnt seen that light since (little green smiley face, with flipping fingers) we need the smileys back!!!1

·
Registered
112 Posts
good question, when I got my car I didn't have the light come on, but within a couple of months the light came on, filled it up with brake fluid and haven't had to touch it for a year, and the tank is still full...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i added about 2 tsp's of brake fluid to the resevoir and the light is gone.. must be a very senstiive system.. thanks for the input!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts