Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had the same problem and posted a thread last week about it. My brake fluid is full but this still happens almost every day.

With out taking my foot off the pedal the light will go out when the car comes to a complete stop. WTF?

It sounds like low brake fluid but its not. If you find out the problem please let me know. My guess would be faulty fuild level switch?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
that and check your pads and rotors, that fixed mine.

don't just top up the brake fluid, bleed them (i believe the procedure goes something like this when bleeding - passenger rear, drivers rear, passengers front, drivers front)

hope we helped ya out

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
meh, caliper is like $150 cdn i think from NAPA, i think there is a core price.
plus some DOT 3 brake fluid, so swearing... you might want new pads and rotors , depending on how they look. If you do it yourself, you'll save tonnes of money

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i was going to do my brakes soon anyways, my rotors are a little warped, and my pads are down a bit.....Mazda's got a sweet deal going on for brakes......it's like 150 bucks for pads.....and i get a mazda watch....haha.....

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
haha, hmm, $150 for how many pads!!!!!!!!! 150 does seem expensive if you ask me.

If you have a seized caliper, hope it's a front one, due to rears are more expensive due to e-brake cable

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just spent a hundred bucks for pads and rotors for the front. My brake light was on constantly, and it seemed like I still had enough pad left for a few more months, but changing them made the light go off. Fluid was fine, I musta been pushing just enough into the brake lines to make the low fluid sensor go off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok....if it is a seized caliper how do i tell?......i get a squeal when i apply the brakes(but not all the time......), and i also get a squeal when i turn slightly left, coming from driver side front....

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
inkfinity said:
ok....if it is a seized caliper how do i tell?......i get a squeal when i apply the brakes(but not all the time......), and i also get a squeal when i turn slightly left, coming from driver side front....
you'll tell when you try to remove them, one of the sliders won't come out, or is hard to come out, i had a seized one, i torched the bitch, then hit it with a hammer and it friggen shot out about 5 feet :lol: good times good times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts