Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MX6 is having some troubles with the brake lights. First of all, none of the lights turn on when I brake. Secondly, the third brake light (on top of the rear panel) doesn't come on at all. I've checked all the bulbs, but I cannot get them to light up when I step on the brakes. Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
If none of them come on, I would suspect the brake lamp switch.

Do the rear lights come on when you have your headlamps/parking lamps on?

Tyson

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
make sure they are plugged in to the plug underneath the carpet in the trunk!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Like the guy says the brake switch is prob went,
change the brake light switch, it's down at the brake pedal just put your hand up near the top of the pedal and you'll feel it, it is usually held in place with a screwed thread nylon nut loosen it and replace it.
when replaceing it make sure you have someone at the back of the car so you can set the adjustment on the switch right so when you press the pedal it comes on at about the right moment.

l8trz..

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Your Mazda dealer should be able to get you the part # pretty easily; they use a graphical interface to get part numbers.

If not then try a better dealer :)

Tyson

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the part at Trussville Mazda. They sell it for a little under 17 dollars, but shipping's a little expensive (7 bucks for me). Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you check the fuse? The fuseblock is located on the driver's side kick panel under the dash. Start there before ordering the switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts