• metal masters

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • other (please note in a reply)

Votes: 3 30.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Except that you go through a Greenstuff pad twice as fast as a regular brake pad.

I have axxis metal masters....a bit of brake dust, other than that, not bad.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
FlySwat said:
Except that you go through a Greenstuff pad twice as fast as a regular brake.
Street use 10-20K miles is common. It depends a LOT on how you drive and slotted rotors will reduce this life time.

J

·
0 Posts
SixSick6 said:
are the Green Stuff MX6 specific?
No, green stuff makes pads for most cars.

Green stuff is more of a street pad, red stuff is a track pad. I've heard that it takes 3-4 good runs down a track before the red stuff pads even got hot enough to start to grab.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
I am using a combination of EBC greenstuff and Axxis/Repco metal matrix. The bite of the EBCs are nice, the wear is a bit much when used in hard conditions. The wear on the metal matrix is neglegable but bite seems to be low. Am planning to try Porterfields next.

Gavin

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The axxis pads are nice, decent bite for the street/track, nothing serious but thats all I needed. I've had them on for almost a year and they seem to have a good amount of life left.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm using VGX Ceramics and they are quiet. Finally. They stop pretty good too.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Green Stuff is great on stock rotors BUT it wears too quickly. My KVR's and the Red Stuff are great pads BUT only when they're warmed-up (that's why you buy slotted rotors for). The stock pads suck IMHO.

I'm going to say it depends on your needs/wants. I think that the Red's and the KVR's are great upgrades from stock and are excellent for track use.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
red stuff is over 100 bucks and you have to wait 3 weeks . next time i buy rotors they won't be slotted . you just can't clean your wheels fast enough . good thing about green stuff is that sh!t comes off easy... :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts