Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all UK MX6 fans...

I love my MX6 to bits, but lets be honest the brakes are not upto scratch.

I have had new pads and fluid at the end of last year.

Took the car on a trackday and within 5 laps the brakes where smoking and the fluid had boiled!. I do a lot of track days and need a good upgrade for the car.

To me this is the only thing that lets down a very good car!, fast car..poor brakes.

Any suggestions you lot?.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Hi will
This Uk section is very new and we are realy only just getting started and dont have many mods between us. As I'm sure you know the MX6 and Ford probe are pretty much the same car but for the looks.
Try this site fordprobe uk there are a few more people with modded probes one guy (Paul Solecki) is in the process of sourcing a big brake kit for the probe/mx6. I am just going to change my disc for the drilled and groved "Black Diamond" ones as soon as the weather allows.

Cheers

dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that.

Can you give me the details for the Discs your are looking at fitting? May do the job for a short time. My rear discs are looking like records at the moment!.

But that is partly due to the old sticky handbrake problems that we all knwo and love!.

Thanks again!....

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
The reason I am going for the Black Diamond is that my stock discs look tiny behind my 17" wheels so rather than go for a big break kit I liked the look of the B D as it is drilled and grooved and has won quiet a few awards. It wont stand out like my silver discs and it will give me extra breaking ability (your not wrong about the 6 needing more stopping power from high speeds). The link below is a link to the larkspeed site and some more info on Black Diamond Products. If I remeber right they are about £150 a pair for our car and the probe.

Black Diamond Discs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for that, I may invest in a set for the time being.

I need to get some new brake fluid also, the standard stuff cooks rather too easily.

Let me know how you get on with the brake upgrade; i will be interested on the performance. At Abingdon Airfield last year my brakes were pouring smoke off within 4 to 5 laps!! They just cannot handle hard braking!; shame really as I was having lots of fun M3 (E30) chasing.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Hey Mx-6 UK. I'd like to ask you is it easy to get performance parts in UK? I'm asking because I might be going to Max Power Live and maybe I could get some stuff with me. (You can't find anything for sixer here in Finland, bloody 'ell).
Thanks
Mici

PS. Would some Europe forum be a good idea since I think there is nobody from Finland around here and I'm feeling myself a bit "outsider".

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Hey deejayarse

Hi
I'm sorry to say but it is also hard to get aftermarket parts for our cars inthe UK to. All I have done to date is changed the wheels got a set of lowering springs and a strut brace. Also the parts are very expensive from here.

Max power live at the NEC in 6-8 th July??

As for the number of mx6's in the UK I dont know but a lot more than 4. :)

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Yes, thats the one in 6-8 July.
I think all of us European MX-6 owners should gather together and do a shopping trip to US. (hehe)
That would be nice. More buyers => more discount, I think.
Later
Mici

1 - 8 of 8 Posts