Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i push down hard on my brakes (93 LS) theres a brake light on my dash that lights up almost every time, it looks like a parking brake notifier, but when i put on my parking brake nothin lights up. also sometimes theres a light that turns on orange that looks like a faucet, it light s up once in a while and stay s on only for a minute or so,......anyone know what this stuff means?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also sometimes instead of the brake light comin on, a light will light up that says rear and shows a picture of lights, but then it goes away after a while and the brake light comes back on..also, my car has 70, 000 miles, if it means anything.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
hello...

I had/have the same problem. If I understand correctly, the one light is supposed to mean your rear light is burnt out, mine isn't but I think its corroded a little in the socket so it doesn't register. The other light for me started binking every so often and someone told me it was because I needed my ATX tuned. I really don't know, I just figured I'd try at an answer and push the message back to the top for you.
Cya.
Claeren.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As a coincidence, I had my car in at a Mazda dealer today and a guy there had the same problem you just described. The 'intermittent' parking brake dash light, in his case (as per the dealer's explanation), it happened to be low brake fluid level. The dealer's technician mentioned that the warning light only pertains to technical aspects of the braking system, not necessarily the mechanical parts themselves (ie: calipers, pads, etc). As per the orange 'faucet' like light that you described, it seems to pertain to low windshield fluid level. As for the last dash light that you described, I would agree with Claeren -- some rear bulb is out!
Be sure to check the brake fuid though -- you don't want that sort of thing to compound to a bigger problem!

Hope this helps,
Peter

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I don't know where my head was, I knew i was forgetting something, I knew that it meant the fluid was low etc.
Sorry.
Claeren.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts