Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had some serious trouble getting decent prices on work for doing the rear brakes. I need to get new rotors, pads and calipers. Now, i've taken it to midas, got quoted 1200+. took it to mazda and got quoted 860+. Now, i've gone and looked at costs for parts.... Napa can get me all the parts i need for 280. so, to the root of my question. does anybody know a decent place, that reasonable, where i can have work done in the oakville area? i'm kinda out of luck.

oh, and is 800 too much from the dealer?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Druro said:
Now, i've gone and looked at costs for parts.... Napa can get me all the parts i need for 280.
Does that include new calipers? I need to do the same with my car... 4 new rotors/pads, new fluid, and replace the rear calipers. I haven't priced much of the parts yet, but plan to do it myself.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's just for the rear hardware. calipers, rotors and pads. i don't really know what the cost for fronts are. Also, the napa dealer i have here gets calipers from a local source :confused: but they have never had trouble with those.

anyway, thanks for the advise guys, but i think i'm selling my car. it wasn't what i was looking for. but thanks anyway.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
does that include giving them your old calipers?? Iguess it doesn't really matter, cause it's still a great deal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
kruro, I kan get you SICK deals on brakes - PM me and I'll let you keep most of the wad you're about to blow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts