Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I've been wondering about, as I've been browsing the online parts stores for parts...mostly basic tune-up stuff...timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, etc. I know Bosch makes good electrical stuff, as does NGK. I'm not too sure about other things, such as the timing belt, other accessory belts, water pump, etc. I've seen timing belts made by Goodyear...water pumps by several companies that I wouldn't remember the name of the next day... So I'm wondering where everyone buys their parts from, besides the dealership. I'm also needing to buy a catalytic converter, and sooner or later I want to put on a new catback system... I've seen ones from Pacesetter for our cars...not much else...and as for the cats, I don't know what's the best price and brand...

My question is: What brands should I be looking for for our cars, or does it really matter all that much? Looking for experienced responses, not speculation, though speculation is always fun, heh. Thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Technically, only 13 years old...but yeah...I'm trying to find a newer car...I just feel bad letting it go without at least fixing it back up to stock specs first... and right now it's just almost literally falling apart out from under itself... and I don't really have a place to work on it anymore, since I don't have my job at the auto shop anymore... :shrug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts