Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would just like to know if anyone has done a how-to for bridging an amp, i want to bridge my 12's, but i have no idea how and i know if its not done properly i'll blow something

also, if anyone know what size the front and rear speakers for a 2nd gen mx6 is?

any help is appreciated

thx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still lost

i did the search and read throught all the posts about bridging, and i still dont quite understand it...sorry that i am stupid

heres my situation if anyone can help, i have 2 chn AMP and i have two subs, so currently i have one channel hooked up to one sub...i assume that is not bridging, how would the set up be like if i bridged it?

is it connecting all the positive and negative with each other first and then have only one wire go to one channel???

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Ok, here goes...

Without knowing what subs you have and what amp you have we cannot help you. Basically you need to look up the following information and try to learn it.

What is an ohm, and how does it relate to speakers?
What is parallel and series wiring of subs?
Do you have dual voice coil subs or single voice coil?
What ohm are the voice coils?
At what ohm is your amp stable?

Read this thread Click here

To be perfectly honest, if you don't understand the thread, then maybe you should pay for someone to install it. If this stuff was meant to be easy it would be colour coded like most motherboards are now-a-days.

Tripharn

PS. If all else fails, just do what you want, and if the car burns to the ground then you where wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts