Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity, are there any 1st gen owners out there interested in in hooking up for a cruise sometime early next year or somethin'???? I only know of cam22t in bris,, and who knows when his car will be going?? lol.....

·
Registered
500 Posts
hey mate, only just noticed this thread while bored at work lol. briz boys prob haven't bothered looking in this section for a while so might be worth pm'ing. yeah I'm def up for cruise in next few weeks - been too long for the qld'ers! Sat 21st Jan would be good, have to fix a few probs on the 6 over next few wks...what's new :rolleyes:

some others I think are still located in briz/nearby you could pm: crusty, twinblack, f2turbo, boki, blv, doze, timtx5 (lol only 3hrs away!), bjay6, mitchw, bikemat, and maybe aphid/tripharn if they're in town...probably forgot a few.

pete

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
smerk said:
Out of curiosity, are there any 1st gen owners out there interested in in hooking up for a cruise sometime early next year or somethin'???? I only know of cam22t in bris,, and who knows when his car will be going?? lol.....
I might be able to bring the "Turbo TX5" but it wont be before the 21st and no, i didn't turbo the V6.

Feb would be more like it. I just have to pick it up in the next week and then rego it.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Im in brisvegas again at the moment for another week or so. Stuck on the south side as usual and working at greenslopes for a couple weeks. Pretty over it though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been pretty busy with work/family lately, but i'll try ond sort out something for a sunday soon... Ill PM anyone who's replied to this thread and try to give a couple of weeks notice, or give me a PM... laters!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey wat out a cruise up mt tamberine near the coast or something come on queenslanders lets get a cruise going n take some pics get all us mx6's n 626 n even some telstars cruising n meet somwhere even have like a meet n sell or something. meet somwhere if u got parts or cars to sell bring them i dont know i just throwing some ideas out there. set a time n place n make some flyers up n put em on any mx or 626 or telstar with the club name n site n where the meets at maybe they'll show up.......................!:shrug:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah good idea, but are YOU going to organise it? Thats the problem. No one wants to do it. Back in the old days when Bill and James and the crew were around they would head it up. Remember those days Craig? Well if you want one set a time, place, when and we will all show up.

Paul

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
O.k guys, I really have been quite slack in orginizing anything, but juggling a job-missus-nearly 2yr old boy-looking for a house to buy-working weekends to catch up on tax and everything else life has decided to throw my way lately... I havent been able to commit to anything... So.. If anyone else wants to head up something that would be cool and I'll be trying my hardest to make it!!!!

On a side note, I will be going to Willowbank next thursday night for a run.. My car is pretty much stock so im not expecting super times, but should be fun!!! Im going out with a mate from work, as long as I beat his time, ill be happy..lol...

If anyone else is keen, I think it costs $35, you need to bring a helmet and wear long pants and a long shirt.. I think there the only requirements... Ill get confirmation on this...

If anyone else is keen, give me a PM with your Ph. no. and Ill give you a call!!!
Should be meeting up with some guys at Logan/Woodridge somewhere..

Peace..

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Im probably going to be down in brisbane again next weekend or the following one. I wont be driving the telstar any more though. Hopefully I will have the skyline to bring instead, and that wont really fit in on a cruise :)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
At least it wont go into limp home mode if i hit a few big consecutive bumps on the road on the way down.

Should run quicker stock than the telstar does anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hinze Dam on the 19 march sunday 2 weeks from now hows that sound ill sort something out between now n then ill try get maps sort next weekend just have meet up there get to know everyone and if u got parts for sale or ur car for sale bring em and crusie from there... anyone interested? also people should try make it to willowbank on thursday nite for the drags it'll be fun take ur car down see wat it runs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, my humblest appologies, willowbank is not on thursday night, but it is on WEDNESDAY 15th MARCH...definately:tup:
Hope to see you there!!!!!
WYTMX6 did you get my sms?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will help organise something like this, if everyone is still keen. Girlfriend is actually the one who owns the Mazda MX6 so would bring her car and not mine (obviously).

I am on the Gold Coast and know of a few spots around, and will gladly try and get some organisation of MX6/TX5.

·
Registered
357 Posts
TwinBlack said:
Yeah good idea, but are YOU going to organise it? Thats the problem. No one wants to do it. Back in the old days when Bill and James and the crew were around they would head it up. Remember those days Craig? Well if you want one set a time, place, when and we will all show up.

Paul
dont forget turbo-tim... yeah i remember back in the day cruising back from the coast with jimbo and the others...

out of curiosity, my bro and i are heading to willowbank on wed 19th april. im hoping for a flat 13 maybe even a high 12 out of the rolla and my bro is looking to dip into the 11's if the gearbox problems dont come back... anyonen else keen for this?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts