Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

my 93 LS dies sometimes at idle and i've been wondering why. i thought it's gonna be the distributor cuz i changed the VCG only few months ago when i got the car.

but today when i checked my spark plugs, i found a broken wire. it is the rear-right one. when i pulled the wire out, the end of the wire is missing the rubber piece that i see on the other wires, i think maybe its stuck onto the plug. now i can't even use my tools to get the plug out! when i put in the socket wrench, it came out covered with oil.

any ideas/methods on how to fix this thing?

thanx

·
Registered
806 Posts
So you only changed the front VCG I guess. The rear gasket needs to be changed now and your wires and plugs should probably be changed after you do the new gasket. The oil deteriates the rubber and the cap on the end just comes loose. To get it out just use a long flat head screw drive or something and pinch one side of the rubber piece against the hole and work that thing out. Then sop that oil up with screw driver and a rag. Don't worry the wire is not really broken, but at the very least it would make you car run pretty poor, not cut off. Anyways, the rear gasket needs to be changed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:mad: hmm....

a shop replaced the VCG for me.....shouldnt they have changed all of them? maybe i got jiped?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
either you got jipped or the guys at the shop dont know how to set a torque wrench... take it back to them... this is all their fault. you should get new plugs, wires, gasket, and if anything else happens in the near future, like the O2 sensor going or your cat gets clogged... pay them another visit...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts