Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Cat back systems, I was wondering who has the deeper exhaust note for my 93 Mazda Mx-6 V6, Greddy or Brospeed?
Also I heard tha Greddy dosn't fit perfect on the Mx-6, is that true???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MazdaMan83 said:
For Cat back systems, I was wondering who has the deeper exhaust note for my 93 Mazda Mx-6 V6, Greddy or Brospeed?
Also I heard tha Greddy dosn't fit perfect on the Mx-6, is that true???
the cat back will only give you 3 hp at the wheel. You will get the same gains from a high flow muffler like a MAGNA FLOW.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have a GReddy and I love it. Brospeed..... never heard it. The GReddy is actually made for the Ford Probe which is about 3 inches longer than our cars. You simply have to cut it and add an extension. Not too hard but still have a muffler shop do it.

As far as the sound of the GReddy, you have to hear it in order to actually feel how it is.

if you have a fast connection, i can send you a mpg of my car reving up the engine and then peeling out. There you can really hear the GReddy.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Ya know, most of the opinions I had heard of the Greddy prior to purchasing mine were that it was loud and low growl. I agree with the low growl part and it sounds awesome, but it's not as loud as I had once thought it was going to be. If I change to a high flow cat and headers etc., will this make the exhaust louder? Don't get me wrong, i love my greddy! =)

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Cool, I'm gonna order a high flow cat shortly and I'll try to record some audio before and after I change it. That way if it makes a difference I can share the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts