Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this story is pretty lame... but this morning, on my way back from picking up chinese take out, i raced a.. well very unusual car. He had exhaust, probobly for looks and sound, lowered... tinted windows and what looked to be 15's... he was driving, thats right... a Kia Sophia. He damn looked like he wanted to go, so we did. when the light turned green, i let him have it. needless to say i raped him... probobly by about 6 car lengths; and we didnt even go that far... :shrug:

·
Registered
264 Posts
haha nice. i had the same thing happen to me this past weekend in chicago. i was in my wrx and a guy in some kinda kia or hyundai (along those lines) comes up next to me with his huge wing and poorly made body kit and wanted to race me. i just let him go , im sure he was givin it all it had but i was prolly at 1/4 throttle and still managed to take him.

·
Registered
848 Posts
wrx6 said:
i was prolly at 1/4 throttle and still managed to take him.
Don't WRX's have major turbo lag under light acceleration? I drove an auto WRX before and that was the worst turbo lag I've felt among many turbo cars that I've driven.

·
Registered
180 Posts
the key word is auto...all turbos suffer from lag but always the worst with an auto because u have no direct way of using a more favorable rpm to really get the use out of the turbo

·
Registered
264 Posts
it doesnt seem to have that bad turbo lag at all. maybe thats because of my mods, dunno though. my moms old 1.8t '01 passat had terrible turbo lag i thought, nothin compared to my car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts