Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get one of these? I need one for hooking up my Autometer Oil Pressure gauge. I have been looking forever now and can't find one anywhere. If anyone knows where to get one, could you please let me know!

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Reactions: I4MX6

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have that piece and the NPT T-Fitting. It wont work because the factory piece needs to thread into a BSPT, not NPT. Do you have a picture of yours? Karma'd anyways...

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I4MX6 said:
I have that piece and the NPT T-Fitting. It wont work because the factory piece needs to thread into a BSPT, not NPT. Do you have a picture of yours? Karma'd anyways...
The way I understood it, the threads on the block were BSPT, and the male end of that adapter were also BSPT. The female end on the adapter was NPT, so you could put a regular NPT T onto it.

I had a shop install the T and the new sender at the stock OPSU location on my I4, which is a bitch compared to the V6. They didn't seem to have any problems as I explained it and it's worked fine ever since :tup:

Of course if I knew then what I know now, I would do the work myself and hopefully be more help to you. :E

Reactions: Stealth

·
Registered
891 Posts
Malicious said:
I had a shop install the T and the new sender at the stock OPSU location on my I4, which is a bitch compared to the V6. They didn't seem to have any problems as I explained it and it's worked fine ever since :tup:
Same here, since i have no tools to install stuff on my own, i had to get a mechanic to help me hook up the oil pressure sending unit. I have a pic of it if you want

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^Please post it.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
i bought a brass one from Lowes for like $3. :shrug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts